Monday, November 8, 2010

That's So Blog. A Tribute To 'Reebs.'

Have you ever wondered why boys will grow facial hair?
It's not comfortable. In all honesty, it feels weird. There are several ways to approach an understanding of this phenomenon, but I find it easiest to try and relate it to a female counterpart.
Cleavage.
Wondering where I'm going with this? Me too, but hang in there because I feel like I can save this.
As someone who has spent six years as a Christian teenage male, I had often wondered why my "sisters" in Christ would wear revealing clothing if it made it more difficult for me to fight the constant battle with lust. Eventually my curiosity and bluntness met and yielded me an answer:
(For christian girls) IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BOYS.
Dang, I had never considered this option. What if the girls were only dressing that way to impress other girls? That blew my mind...and now we tie this back to my original thought: Facial hair is the male cleavage.

Hear me out:
The only reason to grow a beard is to show that you can.
(This actually goes for girls too but that's a different post...)
The only reason a Christian girl should wear an EXCESSIVELY low cut top would be to show other girls that they can.
(Am I being a touch legalistic? Sorry, it works with my argument...)

Wow, I've never thought this through this far until now. Should I shave? Am I a slut? Have I only grown this facial hair out this far to show other guys that I have a manly amount of testosterone coursing through my veins? Is No-Shave-November just an excuse for guys to showcase their competitive nature in the most shallow way men can?

Heavy Stuff...

I definitely started off driving that argument somewhere at like 90 miles an hour, but I never had a destination for it.

This is really just a collection of thoughts, but then again, isn't that blogging?

1 comment:

  1. I so glad that I was part of this masterpiece...and I'm super pumped that I'm your first follower. I knew you before you were famous :)

    from me and Kevin

    ReplyDelete